- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Hibiscus sabdariffa (‘Roselle’)
- PART: calyx
- FORMAT: dry powder
- SHELF LIFE: 3 years
- TASTE: tangy flavour, similar to pomegranate or cranberry
- NUTRIENTS: rich in calcium, iron, protein, fibre and antioxidants
- BENEFITS: supports gut health, immune function and skin. Locally used to treat high blood pressure and inflammation
- THE ADUNA DIFFERENCE: our hibiscus powder is produced to our own stringent specification, using only the dark red parts of the calyx. This is then very finely milled to produce a richly coloured free flowing powder. Compare alongside alternative powders to see the difference.
- Fantastic for adding a pink glow to any food preparation
- Provides a fruity tang
- Perfect in in drinks
- Very fine powder for ease of blending
Made from the dried calyx of Hibiscus sabdariffa (also known as Roselle), this vibrant, dark red powder is rich in calcium, iron, protein, fibre and antioxidants.
For centuries, hibiscus has been prized for its medicinal properties and is locally used in Africa to treat blood pressure, cholesterol, digestive issues and more.
Our hibiscus is certified organic by EcoCert and Soil Association. It is 100% pure and contains no pesticides, additives, preservatives, gluten or allergens.
Authorised on-pack health claims vary dependent on the geography in which the product is being sold. Key claims that hibiscus supports in the EU are:
- High in fibre
- Source of calcium
- Source of iron
- Source of protein
Please contact us for further guidance and details on additional authorised claims and how they could help promote your product.